On the River Lerryn (soon to join the Fowey), Lerryn.
In 1928 Henderson gave us this –
At the Creek head near Lerryn village is a pretty old bridge mentioned by Leland in 1535. In 1573 [this from a manuscript at the Bodleian] Queen Elizabeth issued an order to the Bailiff and Constables of the Hundred of West to levy a rate for the erecting and re-edifying of a decayed Bridge calledLaryon Bridge between St Vepe and St Winnow. The present bridge is quite as old as 1573, if not a little older. It has two pointed arches, one larger than the other, springing from imposts. There was a third arch to match the first but it has been removed. The roadway is 9 ½ feet across.
He goes on to say –
There is a pretty bridge of two arches at Couch’s Mill but it is not ancient.
Lerryn Bridge from the Bridge Club Archive.